« Home | Not in Much of a Rush » | Every Right » | Better off without Owens » | My Apologies Niner Fans » | Gagnon: Conventional Naivete » | Nolan Makes Debut » | Gameday: Rams at 49ers » | FNN Fantasy Advice » | Herrion Had Heart Disease » | Farewell, Jerry »

Stegeman - A New Leaf?

A New Leaf
by Spencer Stegeman


I just watched the full game thanks to Mayhem,our resident lord of media(resident @ 49ersnews.com of course) Some things I noticed:

-Barlow's major problem is that if a lead blocker is present,he will run DIRECTLY behind him,even putting his hand on the back of the blocker. The problem is that he doesn't leave that position. He will follow that blocker until the blocker hits a wall,thus Barlow being stopped by his own blocker. Like a traffic pile up. I don't think Barlow has anywhere near enough confidence in his own decisions to be a good back...and I don't see how he will attain that confidence.

-Mike Nolan has made some amazing changes in our team's play,but maybe the most drastic change is in our tackling. It seemed that eight times out of ten,if we got a hand on a guy...that was it. Play over. I would have said the same thing last year,but would have followed it up with "on opposite day".

Full Story...
-I don't know what happened to our defensive secondary,but they look really friggin' good. Oh yeah,I do know what happened...Dennis Erickson is gone.

-I hope the league doesn't test Bryant Young for steroids any time soon. He looked like friggin' Robocop out there...except...um.... fast?

-Marshall Faulk still looks like Howard the Duck.


-It must have been "Free PCP Day" at the stick. The fans were going apeshit. If Dennis Erickson was still around I think he would have pissed himself...like when you punish your puppy for pissing on your Ikea foot rest, and he pisses a little more to show submission. I don't know where I was going with that, but did i mention that I hate Dennis Erickson?

-Tim Rattay looks to have made strides in his ability to sense danger in the pocket. Must be that radioactive spider.

-Mark Bulger was on his back more than Mike Martz's mom with her brother. I'm not saying Mike Martz is a product of inbreeding, I'm just saying...

-Our pass rush defense rammed the Rams without the ol' KY....HAyoooo!

I'll be here all week people. Try the veggie burger,and tip your waitress. Good night!